Well Being & Mental Health
‘A breath of fresh air!’
(School’s Mental Health Week – Bursledon, Feb 6-10 2023)
How wonderful that we were blessed with a bright and mild week in early February to celebrate Children’s Mental Health Week.
Members of the schools Mental Health and Wellbeing Team (MHWT) and the Senior Leadership Team had planned an action packed-week of activities and learning to immerse both children and staff in a vast array of life-enriching workshops and experiences. We are most grateful to parents, staff, visitors and the church team who came into school to lead sessions, each adding valuable dimensions and variety to our week.
Making the most of the school grounds, the new Spiritual Garden and venturing out into Bursledon too, adults and children were encouraged to have a go at all sorts of helpful habits around exercise, eating & drinking, breathing, sleeping, screen-time, self-confidence, creativity and mindfulness.
We hope very much that your children enjoyed the week and that together as parents and staff we can encourage our children to develop healthy wellbeing habits that will serve them well throughout their lives. We look forward to another successful Children’s Mental Health Week next year!
Here is a full list of all the activities during Children’s Mental Health Week…
(why not use the list to ask your child what they did in one or more of the sessions 😊)
- What is mental health and why does it matter workshop
- Walk a mile a day
- Drinking workshop
- Eating workshop
- Sleeping workshop
- Breathing workshop
- Drama and self confidence workshop
- Philosophy-4-Children (P4C) sessions focused on Mental Health
- Mindful moments session – compassionate colouring, take your pencil for a walk
- Being safe online and how being online and using the internet affects us workshop
- Church-team workshop exploring our spirituality through: mirror-moments, door-moments, window-moments and candle-moments
- Shared breakfast for all one morning
- Mindful moment Monday
- Staff 3 mile walk Tuesday at 4pm
- Shutting the door at 4pm on Friday and to the pub (not sure if you want this on there!)
- Staff training – Compassionate leadership CBT speaker, Educational Physiologist – the 5 wells
Please feel free to browse our photos from Wellbeing Week
Wellbeing Week March 2023