Home School Agreement
To see God's love thrive in our Bursledon Community: where no-one is lonely, isolated or unsupported; where we respect diverse beliefs and we all speak well of each other; and where we all aspire towards a fulfilling future of lifelong learning, built on strong relationships and hope.
- Provide good or better teaching and a broad, challenging and creative curriculum.
- Accurately assess your child’s needs and abilities, ensuring their work continuously extends their learning.
- Keep you informed about your child’s progress through formal and informal contact.
- Implement the school’s behaviour policy in a consistent manner and work with you to address any problems relating to your child in school.
- Provide your child with regular homework to enhance their learning at school. Homework will always be assessed and feedback given.
- Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school.
- Contact you as soon as possible during the morning, if your child is absent from school without explanation.
- Model our key values love, respect, aspire
- Ensure their child comes to school on time, wearing correct school uniform and properly equipped for learning.
- Notify the school promptly in case of absence or any change in circumstance which may affect their child’s learning.
- Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about their child’s progress and the work of the school.
- Support the Federation’s ethos and policy and co-operate with the school to address any problems concerning their child.
- Ensure homework is completed to a good standard and on time and encourage participation in extended school activities.
- Not take leave of absence during term time other than in very exceptional circumstances.
- Ask their child questions about their learning and encourage their child always to do their best.
- Support the Federation’s key values love, respect, aspire
- Keep the Federation’s key values love, respect, aspire
- Always try to do their best.
- Come to school on time, wearing correct school uniform and be ready to learn.
- Be responsible for their own actions.
- Work well on their own and with others.
- Treat others as they would like to be treated.
- Make safe and sensible choices.
- Respect other people and their property.